Thursday, May 15, 2008

Bees, CCD and the earth's magnetic field

I appreciated Dr. Carlo's input. I especially liked his comments about honeybees and the colony collapse disorder. This is relevant to us humans, if the honeybees are the "canary in the mineshaft." I especially liked his closely-reasoned assertion that EMR is a good fit for the onset of this disorder. I am fortunate to live virtually on top of a very healthy hive of honeybees. They are inside the siding of my apartment building, just outside my porch. They have survived two attempts by the management to annihilate them, and they just keep on trucking. I watch them a lot. It is not obvious they are upset by a large cell tower less than 2 miles away. Even nearer is a major FM station with all its antennas. The bees seem more interested in nearby swamp vegetation. The health of this group of bees leads me to question the "sky is falling" predictions in this discussion group.

There is another possible cause for colony collapse disorder. There are fatty cells in the honeybee abdomen that contain magnetite. Presumably, this allows the honeybee to sense and use the earth's magnetic field. I assume they use the field to orient themselves. What happens if the earth's magnetic field changes suddenly? That is happening today. The earth's magnetic field is changing more rapidly now than it has ever changed before during our lifetimes. Scientists wonder if the field is preparing for a major shift. If the field gets weaker near the hive, do bees get lost? I understand that human cells in the pineal gland contain magnetite. What happens to us when the magnetic field changes? Thanks for your interesting contributions.

No comments: