Thursday, May 15, 2008

Is Energy Healing Enough?

I suspect the most important helpful roles I can play in others' lives are

1 where we have an agreement in which I am paid an acceptable amount for my work, and
2 where I can serve as a role model to show them that certain goals are achievable.

Outside my teaching job at Trident, this almost never happens. I find that almost everybody wants to be comfortable, and almost nobody truly wants cure. Cure is painful. Cure requires facing and forgiving the original trauma. It is only when this terrifying stuff becomes irrelevant that people heal. People don't want to bring this stuff up. But unless they do, they will suffer increasingly as they age. The suffering is a symptom, the body's own reminder that the emotional baggage cannot be carried indefinitely. By now Elly and I do energy healing on each other pretty frequently, so we are good at it. Yet we both know energy healing

1 makes us more comfortable, and
2 doesn't heal the problem.

As we have become more expert at healing, we do less of it for others. We serve best as examples: healing is possible!

No comments: